What Is 28nineteen Curriculum?
28nineteen Curriculum provides Sunday School and Children’s Worship materials that are Bible-centric, fun and flexible. Following the Great Commission in Matthew 28:19 these Bible lessons and worship experiences are designed to meet this mandate from Christ, making disciples and teaching them to obey His commands.
BIBLE-CENTRIC: While some children’s programs sacrifice Scriptural integrity for fun, 28nineteen is unapologetically Bible-based. All of our lessons come directly from the Bible and teach children to be “doers of the Word, and not merely hearers” (James 1:22). To do this, we teach practical applications of Biblical truths in each lesson. Every activity kids do ties back to the Bible. And since both Sunday school and children’s church are teaching the same Bible content, both programs talk about the same Bible people and events and reinforce the same Bible truths.
FLEXIBLE: Whether you teach Sunday school or children’s church, in small groups or large groups, Sunday mornings or weekday evenings—it’s all covered! No matter the size of your church, this curriculum is flexible and can be used in a variety of ways and settings. Since both the Sunday school and children’s church materials cover the SAME BIBLE CONTENT, you can pick and choose elements from each to fit your needs! You as the leader have the option to make this curriculum fit—It is all undated, so you can choose when to best fit it into your agenda.
FUN: 28nineteen curriculum teaches God’s Word in a way that is fun and memorable to the children. God is not boring, and neither are we!
Each Product Series Includes:
The Bible is so rich! Every time we read a Bible story, be it the first or the fiftieth time, God can teach us something new. To help everyone stay on the same page, 28nineteen Curriculum narrows in on one main point from the Bible story. Everything we do intentionally teaches the Bible story and this one point.
The goal of the leader devotion is to help your leadership learn the lesson personally first. Secondly, our goal is to help your leadership feel an empowerment and excitement to share what they have learned with their classes. For this reason, each lesson begins with the same devotion for all leaders on an adult level. Background information, be it historical, cultural, or Biblical, is incorporated to make the study richer in meaning for your leaders as well as for your kids. Additionally, the leader devotion helps your leadership team, be they Bible study teachers, worship leaders, or classroom helpers, to be on the same page each week.
Activities help kids stay engaged in the learning process while having fun. Each activity has a specific purpose and connects to the Bible lesson and main point for the day. Teachers can easily make this connection for themselves and their kids by reading the “Make the Connection” section below each activity.
- Welcome Activities: Many children find it difficult to walk into a group comfortably, thus it’s helpful to have an activity that draws a child in and immediately gets them engaged. Welcome activities are designed to help all children feel they can confidently participate. These activities also serve as an introduction to the main point of the Bible lesson.
- Crafts with Purpose: 28nineteen Curriculum does not have a craft each week. Instead, crafts are included in lessons when they make sense and can be the most helpful to the kids as they learn.
- Variety of Energy Levels: Each lesson includes a variety of activities ranging in energy levels. Leaders can choose the activities that best fit the needs of their classes.
Bible lessons are clearly outlined into four sections: Intro, Read the Bible, Present the Gospel, and Application.
- Intro: Short for “introduction,” this section helps leaders grab kids’ attention, quickly review past lessons, teach the over-arching theme of the series, and get kids excited about the Bible story.
- Read the Bible: Now, we get to the good stuff! In this section, leaders encourage kids to read in the Bible as they discover God’s Word for themselves.
- Present the Gospel: The Bible is one big story, and it is all about Jesus! Each lesson seamlessly ties the Bible story to the truth of the Gospel. Leaders teach the Truth of the Gospel and encourage kids to respond. Because we never know how many opportunities we will have to interact with each child, we never miss an opportunity to talk about Jesus.
- Application: Our goal is to teach children to be “doers of the Word, and not merely hearers” (James 1:22). To do this, we teach practical applications of Biblical truths in each lesson. The children should leave with a challenge or an action to live their lives for Christ.
The goal of the memory verse activities are long-term understanding and memorization of Scripture. For this reason, 28nineteen Curriculum focuses on one verse or passage during each series. Throughout the series, kids are encouraged to memorize these verses in fun and interactive ways. Just like the activities, each memory verse section has a “Make the Connection” section to help teachers explain the meaning and practical applications of the verses kids are memorizing.